1. Even if you make your mind not to cry and if you are double sure you are not going to cry, use waterproof eye makeup.
2. For a basic look, apply a brown eye shadow on the eyelids and white or silver on the outer sides. Avoid using pink if you are fair, as this makes you appear pale. The eyes also look smaller. Instead, try on bronze, dark brown or maroon shades.
3. Every bride must use a foundation and a concealer. These are the most important aspects of looking good in the photographs. These products allow for a flawless look even if you don’t have a perfect skin. Before applying foundation, moisturize your skin with an oil-free moisturizer, especially if your skin is oily.
4. It is believed that thinner and smaller lips look more sensuous with light lip colors while fuller lips become more prominent with deeper shades. Match your lipstick with your dress. Make sure it blends well with the colored dye on your dress. Hues and shades of crimson and pink will enhance the poutiness and color of your lips. Go for a lip liner that merges with the lipstick color. This gives it a soft and glossy look which looks good in photographs as well.
5. The time of your wedding also has a bearing on the type and amount of makeup. For instance, heavy makeup looks good at night, but will make you seem very odd under the harsh rays of the sun.
6. Be sure to coordinate you overall look: all the colors should have either warm or cool tone while your hair, make-up, jewelry and gown should correspond to the carefully chosen theme.